Key Stage 5 Curriculum
At Key Stage 5 students choose the most academic pathway in which they will be most successful in their A-levels and vocational courses.
- Students’ pathways are designed to allow the greatest opportunity to attend students’ first choice university or preferred apprenticeship.
- The curriculum continues to be taught by promoting the mastery of knowledge through interleaving and regular formative assessment. At Key Stage 5 teaching also focuses on the development and mastery of applying knowledge to a broad range of contexts.
- All courses at Key Stage 5 are challenging and rigorous following and extending the awarding bodies’ specifications.
- Students are offered high quality enrichment that is designed to prepare students for future pathways, broaden their horizons and enhance their academic programme of study.
- Students’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural development is promoted through the 6th form SMSC, SRE, tutorial, assembly and enrichment programme.
- The majority of courses at Key Stage 5 are now reformed. This means that students will sit terminal exams at the end of Y13.
- Study programmes require students that do not have a GCSE 9-4+ in English or maths to work towards the achievement of these qualifications.
- Programmes also include work experience and other non-qualification activity to develop students’ personal skills and prepare them for employment, training or higher/further education.
The timetable for Key Stage 5 comprises of 4 seventy-five minute lessons per day.
Courses we offer at Stourport Sixth Form
We make great efforts to ensure that you embark on courses that most accurately match your ability, qualifications and aspirations. Typically, students will choose 3 A levels or equivalent which they will study over two years.
You will be expected to resit GCSE English and Mathematics if you do not achieve a grade 4 or above.
Pathways to Success
Studying A Levels: Students following an A level pathway will typically study 3 A levels with the additional opportunity to study for the Extended Project Qualification or Level 3 Core Maths Certificate
Studying Level 3 Applied General or Technical qualifications (single, double and triple awards are available).
Studying a combination of A level and vocational qualifications.
We make great efforts to ensure that you embark on courses that most accurately match your ability, qualifications and aspirations. Typically, students will choose 3 A Levels or equivalent which they will study over two years.
A - Level Courses
BTEC & Level 3 Vocational Courses
View our Propectus
Click the button on the right to view our Prospectus.